Join the Conversation
We will be in communities around the Peninsula, presenting the draft of the 2018 KPB Comprehensive Plan and gathering feedback. Check the list below to see the dates, times and locations of the meetings we have scheduled.
|2/7/18||Cooper Landing||ACP Meeting||Cooper Landing Community Hall||6:00pm|
|2/19/18||Nikiski Community Council||Council Meeting||Lake Marie Senior Center||7:00pm|
|2/20/18||Seward||Planning Commission Meeting||Seward City Hall||5:30pm|
|2/21/18||Homer||Planning Commission Meeting||Homer City Hall||5:30pm|
|3/1/18||Soldotna||Planning Commission Meeting||Soldotna City Hall||5:30pm|
Can't make any of these meetings?
Download the plan using the links below and send us your comments by email.
The Public Review Draft of the
2018 Kenai Peninsula Borough Comprehensive Plan
is now available for your review!
Download the Executive Summary or the Full Public Review Draft of the 2018 Kenai Peninsula Borough Comprehensive Plan using the buttons below...
You can also pick up hard copies of the plan at the Borough offices at the following locations:
George A. Navarre Admin Building
144 North Binkley Street
Toll Free: 1-800-478-4441
302 Railway Ave, Suite 122
206 E. Pioneer Avenue
The draft is open for public comment through
Saturday, March 31st, 2018.
YOUR INPUT is critical to the success of the plan, and to the future of the Kenai Peninsula. NOW is the time to tell us:
How does (or doesn’t) the plan reflect your priorities for the Kenai Peninsula Borough, your community, your business, your organization?
Specifically (by draft plan goals, topics, objectives, strategies):
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST about the plan? Why?
- How would you improve the draft? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE – add, revise or take out? Why?
- Which of the many strategies presented in the plan should be the Borough (and their partners) BIGGEST PRIORITIES?
- What ideas do you have for implementing priority strategies? What are the most important ACTIONS? Who should take the lead (if not the Borough)?
The more specific your comments, the better. After the March 31st deadline, our team will summarize your feedback and present recommended revisions to the Borough Planning Commission and Assembly in early spring. In the interim, over the next approximately six weeks, our team will be connecting with many of you via email, phone and in-person to present the draft, to answer your immediate comments, questions, and concerns, and to get your input on what you like and/or would change in the plan.
Here are the many ways you can connect with our team to share your feedback:
What Did Community Members Have to Say?
What are the Biggest Priorities for the Kenai Peninsula over the next 5-10 years? What should we focus on?
A preliminary list of priorities
- Sustain and make the most of the Kenai’s assets
- Promote economic growth and innovative businesses
- Improve education and workforce development opportunities, especially for upcoming generations
- Address crime and public safety issues
- Improve transportation systems to meet local needs
- Encourage development of quality, affordable housing for people of all ages
- Maintain the quality of our residential neighborhoods
- Improve and manage access to important public resources, including land, water, fish and game
- Provide more services and amenities for a growing senior population
- Promote ways to improve the health and well-being of all
- Clearly define what services the Borough can provide, what level of services is appropriate across the region, and how to pay for services we need and want
- Collaborate with unincorporated communities to improve representation, engagement and self-determination on important local issues
Planning Process and Timeline
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
A combination of big vision goals and practical short-term strategies that will:
- Guide decisions about land use, housing, transportation, public facilities, economic development and quality of life.
- Provide a road map for implementation with clear priorities and action items.
PROJECT UPDATES & EVENTS
Check back here for the latest project updates and information.
Mid December 2017
Release Draft Kenai Peninsula Borough Comprehensive Plan
December 2017 - March 2018
Collect community and other regional, state and partner input on the draft plan
April - June 2018
Revise and finalize the plan, based on community feedback and public comments received
June - July 2018
Borough Assembly approval of the final plan